Rev 22:20: "I am coming soon"

| | Posted On Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 8:31 AM

I personally love the promise at the end of the Book.  "I am coming soon".

When i read this and parsed in my mind, i realized that I don't really believe Jesus' words.  I don't believe his promise.  I do not trust his word as much as I thought.  Because althought I know he is coming, I've do not believe he is coming SOON.  And this qualifier changes everything.   It ought change everything.  I know whether I believe this promise by each morning, afternoon, and evening.  Soon means right around the corner, and there is no time to waste.  Soon means this weekend trip is no longer a vacation and a time to hang-out and play.  Soon means saturday 7/31 is a time to know Jesus and make Him known.  And we do this by the Gospel, knowing what it is, and believing, and owning, and then sharing out of overflow.

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Rev 22:20: "I am coming soon"

Post a Comment