Good Friday Observed

| | Posted On Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Yesterday, members of LSCC and HOC6 worshiped before our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus and observance of his sacrifice for all the world to be forgiven for our disobedience to our Father God. This wasn't compulsory, but was done willingly and according to God's plan for the world's salvation.

Do you recognize you need to be saved? What are you being saved from? I mean seriously, think about what things in your life are you doing right now, today, what you need Jesus' sacrifice to make things right with you and God. I chase riches and career over growing God's kingdom. I think I'm getting better, but then again, I look upon Jesus' life and how he *dedicated his life* to God's ministry and realize how short I fall to his example. Heck, even full time pastors fall short of his example.

But I am not discouraged. In fact, I am encouraged. Jesus sacrificed himself for a people that "do not know what they doing" (Luke 23:34). So we strive for his model, but know that our striving is not what qualifies us to receive his blessing and his love. It's what we do in response to his actions.

Jesus died on a cross so that your disobedience *is* forgiven. What have you done for Jesus today?

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Good Friday Observed

Post a Comment