Feeling sick?

| | Posted On Monday, January 11, 2010 at 5:44 PM

In efforts to learn how to pray.. i stumbled on this in my journey and HAD to share:

Our spirits, like our bodies, have requirements for health and growth.  Some people don't want to pay the price of developing good spiritual habits.  Sadlly, they end up paying the much higher price of spiritual disease and even death.  Last year a man came to me in dispair. "I lost my job," he told me.  "ive spent months looking for another position, to no avail."  And unemployment was not his worst problem.  He went on: "I feel so along in this.  Nobody in the church cares.  Sometimes I think God doesn't care.  I feel totally hopeless and helpless."

I asked the man about his spiritual habits.  Was he taking responsibility for feeding his faith? How often did he pray ~ commune with God and listen for his prompting?  Did he regularly attend church services? Was he maintaining friendships with any spiritually minded people?  Was he reaching out to help meet others' needs?

No, the man said, he was doing non of these things.  "i just can't find the time," he explained... [...]

... That man wanted someone to wave a magic want and offer him courage.  He said he wanted God's presence in his life, but he did not want to form any habits that would increase his spiritual health.


                           From Too Busy NOT to pray by Bill Hybels. Pg 42-43





Are you spiritually diseased? On the road to spiritual death?  Lets take a step together please.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Feeling sick?

Post a Comment